Saturday, March 31, 2012

CASCers

It's incredible seeing all these CASCers getting accepting into such amazing schools. I'm so proud of them all and it makes me feel blessed to have known such amazing individuals. It's odd that their acceptances don't come as a surprised to me. Much because I've seen their work ethic at CASC conferences but primarily because they are just outstanding people in general.

Sometimes I wish I could go back in time and start CASC earlier as well as get more involved in region or state. I know I could have done it successfully but I just wasn't as motivated to take on a position with an organization I barely knew about. I was too focused on school, newspaper, and ASB that I failed to recognize other organizations that could have helped me in higher education.

But honestly speaking, life is how it is and we do things because it's what we choose to do at the moment. Each decision we choose to make takes us on a different path and each path gives us a different experience. My mom tells me I should have done more CASC (obviously after I told her of all these amazing acceptances) but I don't miss what I should have done because I don't know of it's outcome. I'm not saying I don't regret it but I'm not saying I am either. I'm saying I don't know what it could have led my life to so I'm not going to ponder over it. I'm happy with where I am and I'm happy with the people I've met by my past decisions.

I'm so incredibly happy for these young CASCers. Although they're all younger than I am, they've truly taught me a lot and I appreciate the relationship I've formed with them. They're the generation of CASCers that I've grown most fond of and have come to know as my brothers and sisters. We're shared laughter, tears, and complaints with each other and that has brought us all the more closer. I love them so much and I'm so proud of them!!!

Go CASC!

No comments:

Post a Comment